Monday, January 09, 2006

Fibromyalgia

She found a book today that links fibromyalgia to salicylates.

If it's true, it's quite a nasty trick for nature to play. Aspirin is a salicylate, as is the mint family. So both of them are out, to see if they help with the pain. There's a bunch of other advice in the book that may prove useful.

For now, of course, the focus is on the injury in her knees.

I was able to get out of the house and meet with some friends today for a few hours. It felt good to get out, and forget my troubles for a while, but when I came back I felt guilty for abandoning her.

She's sleeping in the recliner every night now, because the stairs are too much for her to manage. I think I'm going to sleep on the couch. At least I can be near her.

2 comments:

Pixie Puck said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this all, its so hard watching a loved one in pain.

I wish there were magic words to make both of you feel better, or a magic spell or something, but when I find it, its going right to you. I promise.

I wish you all of the luck in the world and just remember to keep breathing and know things will get better.

Nobilis Reed said...

Thanks, Pixie. You are, as always, a wonderful friend.