Monday, February 20, 2006

Well Spouse Association

I went to my first Well Spouse meeting. I left a little early from work (spending ten hours at the office instead of eleven+) and met some wonderful folks at a library about 45 minutes from home. I got to meet some wonderful people who really understand. I can't describe how wonderful that was. We traded stories and they nodded their heads a lot when I talked about some of the things that had happened.

Then, of course, I got home, after spending more than twelve hours out of the house. I didn't get read the riot act... no, I could deal with it if she were mad at me for leaving. "I just want to tell you that I felt kind of abandoned today. I'm not blaming you, I'm just telling you how I feel. I know that it was important for you to get out of the house."

Our son, it seems, had thrown a major fit, knowing that his mother wouldn't be able to discipline him. He threw things at her and there was a tussle.

From what I hear, she didn't handle the situation well, and the whole mess was as much her fault as his, but really, how can I say that?

No comments: