Saturday, June 24, 2006

This is one of those nights

Midnight.

"Oh, by the way... I need you to take that hamburger out and boil it for chili. I promised the folk festival that I'd make chili."

"The hamburger is gone. We got three meals out of it this week."

"Oh... then I need you to go to the store."

Fine. So I go to the store. I buy hamburger, and chili powder, and a few other ingredients that she neglected to mention the other two times I went to the store today.

I boil the beef, and start putting the ingredients in the crock pot to cook overnight. She keeps calling over with completely INSANE instructions. Like putting a whole container of chili powder in, and NOT using the beef I just boiled. So I finally just ignore her and put the damn chili together.

And now? "Maybe I shouldn't go."

"You damn well ARE going, after all this!"

Fuck, I hate this disease.

No comments: